MENTOR : BHAICHUNG BHUTIA
Bhaichung Bhutia is a retired Indian footballer, who has played as a striker and is considered to be the torchbearer of Indian football in the international arena.
Bhaichung Bhutia has been honoured with Arjuna Award & Padmashree in 1999 & 2008 resp.
Few of the achievements of Bhaichung Bhutia are:
- Only Indian player to have played more than 100 international matches and few among the world.
- Scored 43 international goals, more than any other Indian player.
- Awarded as 'Indian player of the year' thrice in 1995, 96 and 2008.
- First Indian player who has played in Europe for Bury FC.
- First Indian to have a football stadium named after him.
- Under his captaincy, India won the South Asian Football Federation championship three times, two Nehru cup in year 2007 and 2009and the AFC challenge cup in 2008.